Bought a Laser!!! :D

Reon

Well i bought a laser today, sail number 167030. I have not sailed in about four years :eek: but i am sooo excited about getting into a laser. I used to sail 505's (and 125's) I pick it up on monday, i was pleasantly surprised when i looked at it... it has already go the carbon tiller brand new sail ... radial rig and new sail (UNUSED!!!) i was lucky enough to have bought it off a very wealth person here in Cairns. So i has all the good stuff at an excellent price.

sorry i was just so excited i had to tell someone! :D

Reon

Congratulations, Reon! It great that you got a Laser, and even better to get a fantastic deal. Well done, and fair sailing.

Nice one Reon. I wish I was up the top end instead of freezing my bits off. Watch out for the sting rays when you fall in mate!

thanks for the welcome guys .. i forgot to mention the name of the boat is "GUT BUSTER" perfect name for a person who is going to use the laser as a means to lose some beef :p

Purely by chance :D I've started a cycling regime 2 hrs a day and i have gone on a low carb (only from veg and fruit) and highish protein diet and ive lost 4kgs in 1 week and still going strong .. i've got 3 weeks till the first race here in Cairns Aust so im aiming at another 12kgs before then :eek:

That sounds awesome! Where in Cairns do you sail? In and around the harbour, or outside? I was up there about a month ago... perfect sailing weather, but alas I didnt get the opportunity to get out on the water :(

we used to sail in the inlet and further out in Cairns but because the city is being over built so quickly they have put a marina that goes over 2 thirds the width of the inlet... therefor no dinghy sailing is now done in Cairns itself .... it is to dangerous with the younger sailors as there can be a massive current (faster than you can sail in) pushing you out to sea ... not good if it pushes you straight into a marina ;)

lol .. after all that ... to answer your question i will now be sailing up at Tinaroo Dam on the tablelands.... beautiful freshwater dam ... :D

I was just playing around with my new laser and i noticed 1999 World championships stickered everywhere .. and there are signatures on the mast.. boat ... boom ... tiller ... boards etc dated 99... i remembered that when i went in the 505 worlds they always used to do the same thing ... soooo i looked up the 1999 world championships and alas ... they were the 1999 Australian Olympic games in Sydney... therefor i conclude this is an ex-olympic boat... no different to any other one (obviously) but i still find that pretty cool :D

The 1999 Laser World Championships were held in Melbourne, out of the Royal Melbourne Yacht Squadron. Ben Ainslie won and Robert Scheidt was second. The boats provided were all number 167000+. So yes, you do have an ex Laser world's boat, but alas not an ex Olympic boat. The Sydney Olympics were not until 2000. The hulls from the Olympics were readily identifiable as they were light blue waterline with Sydney 2000 graphics on the side.

oh yeh ... lol .. Olympics 2000 :eek:

well .... i'll restate that ... i'm still excited about it being in the world championships :D

i'm glad to hear that monkey .... as i am yet to even rig mine :eek: too busy ... i am extremely excited though :p

They are a total blast. Although a lot more tippy than my MC Scow. I capsized in 3-5 kts. Wednesday before last. Totally embarassing! To add insult to injury, I was winning the race! :(

haha .... thats to bad... i'll bet i'll have some stories to tell in the next few weeks :eek: i'm used to side stays ... a huge main a jib and a spinaker :rolleyes: on a 505

well we will c what happens on the 19th of Aug :D

Back