• Aigle

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Ronstan

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Gill

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use Gill neoprene hiking boots for no reason other than they looked decently made, and they were medium priced...

Burke...They're reasonably priced, pretty comfortable, they last and are the most common ones in the marine shops around here.

Adrian

i wear rooster hiking ankle boots! they are made by xtremity and are really comfortable with velcro straps to support the heel and the front of the foot with a layer of rubber to hike on. they are also comfortable when walking on shingle beaches.
My pair i think were £12 from rooster because they were on sale before rooster brought the boots back out in their red and black colour.

haha Murphs, Boots are compulsary at my yacht club, as all of the storm water flows into a creek, and the creek flows into our beach. It's not uncommon for syringes to float up onto our beach after it's been raining. But anyway, I wear the simple Ronstan boots, they're light and thin, so you still have feeling in your feet and close contact to the floor of the boat.

i think that u all missed out on the best boots ever they are made by SEA they are like the ronstan race boots but have 2 layers of thin neoprine insted of one thick one which traps more water between the layers therefore heating your foot more.
They are also made just for laser sailors

Hi all,
for my recreational sailing-adventures, I use the standard-racing-rubber-boot "dry-fashion" (the white ones with the long shoestrings at the side). Although they get a lot of water inside, if I fall in water, they are good enough for my "normal sailing", because they have enough grip and are warm in cold weather [especially because the water that comes inside the boots (that make funny bubbles) gets warm after a few minutes... ;) ] and are not expensive.

In summer, of course, this old non-"stylish"-sailing-boots I do not use, because they get to hot inside... Then I use the "Aqua shoe" from "compass24.com". They are light-weight, have also a good grip, are flat at the "instep"-side of the shoe (no shoestrings etc. there, that maybe hurts in reason of the pressure of the hiking strap at the foot after a while in strong hiking position), cheap and make the boat faster, because they look so fast ;) ...

Sailing-boots from SEA, Burke, Gill are not easy/really available here in GER and /Rooster ones I have to import from the UK. Musto/Ronstan/Rooster - boots are too expensive for me.

Bye-bye
LooserLu

i think Ludwig was describing the Aigle boots as the ones with shoelaces/string on the side! now they do not look comfortable however i know a lot of people who wear them in boats like 505s and 470s when hiking is needed and lots of support in the ankle! they are very grippy i understand as well!

crewsaver. used to get aigle but they're *really* expensive here, and less flexible. don't seem to last any longer too.

Howdy Ya'll,
Here's my two cents worth.... I really like the looks and design of the Aigle boot. I'm currently using a neoprene wade fishing boot with a side zipper. I picked them up at Academy, should be available at most outdoor sporting goods stores. They have held up well for almost a year of racing and recreational sailing (20-30 times or so) and it is looking like I will get another year out of them. Price ran about 30 bucks for them. So I am balking at buying a pair of Aigle's.

Regards,
Fishing Mickey
178894/150087

Hi,
sorry all, I´m not a software engineer, so it needed some time of deep thinking and trying, to put this following pic´s to a reply... ;)
I hope this helps for the discussion.

The Dry-Fashion boot:
attachment.php

The Aqua-Shoe:

attachment.php

Bye-bye
LooserLu

i dont wear boots, you can feel the boat soo much better without them.
and for the beach factor we have all paved ramps here but whenever im launching my boat on whatever surface i wear flip flops and then i have a bungee on my dolly that holds my flip flops to my dolly while im sailing, then there right there when i come back in :)

I love my ronstan, for a while i was wearing nothing because i could feel the boat better, but now, with sailing on a flying fifteen as well, its way harder on my feet, & its when ive been out sailing for 3 hours, in 20-30 knots, with water around about 10-15C, that i have started gettin a really bad feeling in my feet, my feet go numb, then when i get in, i can feel my bones through my feet, it kills to walk, so now i wear my ronstan racin boots, & i can stand up with the boat on a massive angle & its easy to hike out on. i have had a lot of different boots, & these are the best, the first time i got them, the zipper broke, took them back, got a replacement within a couple o days, & haven't had any problems.

Rooster boots are the best.

They're available in the UK for about £25 from roostersailing.com but you can get them from some places in Australia ("Jolly <something> sailing" in Melbourne I think) but I don't know if you can get them in North America.

They offer loads of ankle support, seem pretty indestructible and are reasonably grippy. but they are rubbish for climbing trees.

i think there all good. iv had TONS of pairs of boots but iv had a few pairs of Gill boots. i like the black soft sole once. there not so much grip but when your on a laser why do you need it all your done is hiking and there more flexible. Gill everything is good!

Back