Boom end

Well I don't have one end off yet, and it's an old boom so it is stuck pretty tight. I need to find a way to take it off... Do I need to take the mainsheet eyelet's rear rivet off too?

Try to find something with some weight to it that you can fit in the gooseneck hole, a length of solid rod would work, and just let it drop down.

Jesus - I recently did this to bolt on my mainsheet block fairlead.

You only have to remove the aft rivet of the outhaul eyelet. Then it came of really easily.

Thanks!

My problem is that the boom is so old, the hole for the front rivet of the sheet eyelet has become too large now, and I've been trying different rivet sizes, but keeps popping off (then the eyelet jams the sheet against the block, not letting me ease the sheet, already capsized once because of this...)

So I'll try putting a washer or something inside, What do you think could be a good solution? (besides a new boom...)

Chuso007 said:
Thanks!

My problem is that the boom is so old, the hole for the front rivet of the sheet eyelet has become too large now, and I've been trying different rivet sizes, but keeps popping off (then the eyelet jams the sheet against the block, not letting me ease the sheet, already capsized once because of this...)

So I'll try putting a washer or something inside, What do you think could be a good solution? (besides a new boom...)

Forget the rivets and thru bolt the eye straps

I believe through-bolting is illegal on a laser... You may want to check on that before you do it.

I had a similar problem last summer, I was re-riviting my boom almost every other day, with increasingly larger rivets. After two weeks of this, I decided on getting a new boom.

Ok I´ll check that, not that I'll be racing any serious competition in the near future or anything but it's always good to be within the rules,

thanks

Back