Boat Value question?

I have a 2008 laser I am thinking about selling. It's number is 191997. It has been raced for 2 years and stored with both covers on for the rest of its life. It has some stress cracks near the centerboard case and has a couple of dings that have been repaired. It would come with a set of blades, spars a sail and a dolly. As well as everything else needed to sail. The boat used to leak a little but is almost always dry now. The hull is smooth and has been well cared for. It is a FAST boat. Top 5 at orange bowl 2019, Top 15 at Midwinters East 2019, 1st at the Chubs qualifier, 1st at SAISA 2019 national qualifiers. Anyone have any idea of what the boat would be worth?

I would think a little lower (~3K) than Rob's estimate, but I would like to know more about the 'add-ons', like the sail (Mk II?).

I have a 2008 laser I am thinking about selling. It's number is 191997. It has been raced for 2 years and stored with both covers on for the rest of its life. It has some stress cracks near the centerboard case and has a couple of dings that have been repaired. It would come with a set of blades, spars a sail and a dolly. As well as everything else needed to sail. The boat used to leak a little but is almost always dry now. The hull is smooth and has been well cared for. It is a FAST boat. Top 5 at orange bowl 2019, Top 15 at Midwinters East 2019, 1st at the Chubs qualifier, 1st at SAISA 2019 national qualifiers. Anyone have any idea of what the boat would be worth?

Stress cracks
Vanguard boats seem to get those all the time. Mostly cosmetic if on the bottom of the hull by the daggerboard area.

I've not seen them on the vanguard boats. However, LP England build boats, (in this 2006-2012 range) do seem to show them a bit....It typically comes from a boat "flexing" in certain areas or from a compression or flexing impact. You sometimes see that in unsupported areas of the hull, (on other built Lasers/not from LP) where a boat may have been dropped on a nonabrasive surface or had some other kind of impact that flexes the hull but goes not damage the glass. Around the centerboard trunk one could likely conclude this is from the boat flexing and wonder about the build quality. Just my $.02.

Back