Boat Names

Once, when I was compliting the entry form for the regatta, I desided to fill the column "name of the boat" what i have never done before. I had no better idea of "Otto Bismark" as a German`s battle ship, which was sunk by Britanes. Just for a joke!
In the first racing day I`ve got a big hole (about 20x20sm) in the bottom from "470".

Merrily

Administrator
172334 said:
Once, when I was compliting the entry form for the regatta, I desided to fill the column "name of the boat" what i have never done before. I had no better idea of "Otto Bismark" as a German`s battle ship, which was sunk by Britanes. Just for a joke!
In the first racing day I`ve got a big hole (about 20x20sm) in the bottom from "470".
Yikes! Maybe I should change my boat's name from Merrily. The boat's got the idea that we are just out there to have fun. :mad:

Contingency II

Being that my bass boat is Contingency

And II lived up to its name yesterday, Sailing in high winds, I broke the mast clean out of the deck. :(

Which is why I signed up for this sight, someone has to have good advise on fixing this!

phyregod said:
Contingency II

Being that my bass boat is Contingency

And II lived up to its name yesterday, Sailing in high winds, I broke the mast clean out of the deck. :(

Which is why I signed up for this sight, someone has to have good advise on fixing this!
Get some pictures and post them in a new topic...also do a search under "mast step repairs" here and see what advise has been given before. The pictures will help in getting advise specific for your situation. There are many here with more knowldege than I ...I have done 2 repairs 1 with a kit and one without.

Picture would be worth a 1000 words here.

my current boats are called "Jen 3", named after my gf n being my third boat, "the other women", "rampant" and "gonads" my gf n her friend usually sail it though in wmens titles... n say they have the race by the balls

Many years ago I wanted to call a boat I had "Smuggling Drugs". It was 12m and the name was really for the benefit of use over the VHF This is the yacht .... However, I was quite rightly dissuaded and the boat ended up with a name that followed the "family sequence" (most boats in the family have the same name as part of a sequence).

Ian

Merrily

Administrator
Deimos said:
Many years ago I wanted to call a boat I had "Smuggling Drugs". It was 12m and the name was really for the benefit of use over the VHF This is the yacht .... However, I was quite rightly dissuaded and the boat ended up with a name that followed the "family sequence" (most boats in the family have the same name as part of a sequence).

Ian
Our powerboat is named Captive, and when we radio marinas, they think we are saying "Captain." It's like a "who's on third" skit. We know you are the Captain, what's your boat's name?

Merrily

Administrator
Hey, we just bought an old trailerable cruiser, a Starwind 223. We are thinking of calling her "Evening Star." Does anybody have any other cool ideas with "star" names?