Blue blocks or grey/gray blocks?

There is no difference.

And it'll be a moot point as the new blocks will be released soon.

I can't imagine why they would be released before they would be ready for the class... If I remember correctly they will be released sometime this year. But I could be wrong.

Attachments

• Harken Blocks.JPG
    Harken Blocks.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 59
The new design is great, but I still think the boom blocks need to be attached with a pin,so that when its time to replace them, you just remove the pin instead of the whole bloody boom bail.

I totally agree Ross and I recall yourself and many others expressing the same concern in earlier threads. I'm hoping that the picture displayed in LaserWorld was for illustrative purposes and the real deal will have the pin we are hoping for.

Maybe Alan D can give us an indication? As a measurer, I'm guessing he's seen the prototypes and final products by now....

I hope so too..... But I wouldn't keep them up if I were you.

My understanding is that the mid to late 2009 timing is still correct. As far as the pin idea is concerned I believe there was a concern that if they were easily detachable it would be easy for them to "go missing". The intent with the design is that the frequency of needing them replacing should be so low that it shouldn't be a concern.

I concur Clive. In all my years, I have yet to hear about or see a boom block that needed to be replaced from wear or damage, with the exception of the old blocks that were screwed together. The pin concept isn't necessary in my opinion.

Gentlemen, thanks for your quick response.

Sounds like a good opportunity for me to through bolt my boom bails at the same time.

I have yellow blocks. I like them. Why? 'Cause they're different!!!! However.... I am very excited for the new blocks. Wonder if I can get those in yellow.... :eek::eek::eek:

Back