Blew out mast tube/deck

I recently ripped mast out of the deck. I cut it out and am repairing it without a kit. My mast tube had no bottom, is this normal ? If not should I glass a bottom on before re-installing. When I put it back to together, is the mast tube 90 degrees to the hull or is it angled slightly ?

You've seen the guy crawling across the desert, severely dehydrated and suffering from exposure? Sun blazing and numerous buzzards circling overhead as he invariably croaks: "Water!!! Must... have... water!!!" :confused:

Well, envision that same hand crawling across the Internet and croaking: "Pics!!! Must... have... pics!!!" :rolleyes:

That would be moi, even though I'm comfortably seated at my dining room table, cold beer in one hand as I surf the freakin' Interwebs, shotgun in the other to deal with the buzzards, LOL. :cool:

How do I bang the keyboard, you ask? Well, it's a juggling act, and a shotgun-twirling act (as seen in 4th of July parades), and there's some occasional beer spillage, not to mention powder burns & impromptu buckshot surgery, but the posts eventually get out... ;)

Anyway, pics would be good... pics of the mast step tube and whatever else is damaged or cut, aye? Alright, back to my slow crawl... to the goddam fridge and another cold cerveza, maybe a slight detour to grab some more shotgun shells, LOL. :eek:

Back