Blade bags???

i got an intensity sails blade bag along with a bunch of other stuff to fix up my '74 laser. The bag is pretty cool and very well priced ( i think its like half the cost of others). Its overall very well built and designed with thought, you can read all about it on their site. i got my sail in there, my harken vang, mainsheet, outhaul/downhaul lines and blocks, rudder and rudder head, tiller & extension, and centerboard. pretty much everything thats not on the boat when stored is in my bag (except for the spars of course) so it is a very roomy bag. on the front is has "sail with intensity" and on the back theres a spot for your name and sail #. its the only bag iv had but for the price id say its the best

Attachments

• IMG_20100908_162855.jpg
    IMG_20100908_162855.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20100908_163311.jpg
    IMG_20100908_163311.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 78
My personal preference is a bag that opens on the end instead of the top for the centerboard. I have one which is very similar to the Colie bag. You insert the board from the top edge, and it closes with velcro. I'm always fighting to keep the bag open and the Velcro separated when I'm inserting the centerboard.

Does the intensity bag open up?? Has anybody used or seen any of the aps bags??

open up in what way? Its got a zipper mesh bag for all your accessories like the vang, extra lines and all that good stuff. its got a pretty heavy duty zipper along the top edge to insert the center board and its got a large pocket on front that opens by velcro and has another unsealed pocket inside of that to slide in your rudder(its a very snug fit for the rudder so it stays in there) then on the back its got a long fabric tube that you put your tiller and extension ion there, and thats got a velcro strap on the top aswell to keep it in. its also got some type of material on the inside that i think helps dry the bag if the centerboard is wet when you put it away, its also got plenty of mesh screen on it aswell to help dry it out. Many products in the laser market, the price relates to the quality, functionality, class legality, ect. . When it comes to blade bags i feel that your wasting money to pass up a very well built very functional bag thats half the price as others, and pay twice as much for another bag thats most likely going to almost exactly the same or even worse. but thats just me. good luck! hope i helped

I'll take the low-budget approach. My 1974 came to me with an original light green canvas bag in perfect condition. I keep that safe at home and lug everything in a Coleman 48" duffel. I bought a roll of 1/2" thick foam that Walmart sells as a camping mattress for $8 to line the bottom and sides. Dagger flat on the bottom, and the rudder wrapped in the remaining piece of foam or inside one of the lifejackets. Or get another roll to make another padded layer on top of the rudder.

I was looking for something I could leave on the dock for a few hours and not freak out if I forgot it or it walked away. If you leave out the foam you could stow it on board.

Back