been throwing this together.....its a 74....

Never seen a block under a swivel cleat. A rachet deck mount is better. Much longer bungee needed. 74's have the shadow board which is small and side slips on every tack, get a foil board
there was a block under it when i got it but it was all dry rotted. i put that one on it. the flare for the cockpit sorta gets in the way of the pivot base so maybe thats why the block. im guessing the hook would have been the only thing there and that block and swivel are a retro fit. i for the life of me could not figure out what block you were talking about though. im like...theres no block...then realized you meant block of wood. haha!

im actually trying to NOT spend a another 1k on this thing. haha. so dagger and rudder stay! lol

Thx!
It's got a few pinholes and one of the boom grommets has a tear next to it. But yeah, I really like it. Its still pretty crisp though. I should check it again for a manufacturing label.
. I sew sails! I’d be willing to put one together in whatever colors you like.

I tried searching the Forum rules before responding, and did not find anything saying “no posting offers to sell etc”. If I missed something and this is not allowed, please advise and delete this post. Not my intent to break the rules.

@joe c Where do you go sailing around the Baltimore area? I am in the Parkville area, and usually sail out of Gunpowder falls state park.

@joe c Where do you go sailing around the Baltimore area? I am in the Parkville area, and usually sail out of Gunpowder falls state park.
sorry...just seein this. last year mostly out of rocky point. and bombed around hart miller hawk cove etc. we might have to move up to middle river though since back river is totally destroyed now. but kinda waiting to see what the water testing ends up looking like. i grew up in towson. we did wilson point over next to martin state airport a few times. its a 5 mile run to hart miller from there. havent done it yet but its pretty much first on the list once i get a free day. but its a cool spot to picnic, swim, camp. they have bicycles you can take and ride.

there was another guy with probably a late 60s fish over there last year. a couple of flying scotts, a capri. 2 thistles. some other stuff. bunch of guys usually show up on thursday and race. its very laid back. the baltimore county sailing school is over there too and they grab a boat from there to comittee and set the course. im hoping to race this year if i can get my crew together. you can keep your boat there from june through september i think. for 100 bucks!! last year we were all laser2. but i have a couple of sunfish for this year too. im busy all this week. so wont have a chance to get out. ill pm you a number. we usually try to get out during the week. but with the fish i can take off a little early from work. doesnt get dark til 8 now. so...

I thought that ALL boats were prohibited on the lake at GFSP. Where do you launch from there?

Ive never been down to the Baltimore sailing center, or really done any real racing, that would be fun!

Yes I believe the Lake area they are prohibited.. unfortunately, that would be a nice place to sail.
I launch at the Hammerman area, of Gunpowder Falls state park. they have a boat launch and actually rent Hobie wave's and Getaway's there in the summer.
at Eastern watersports, Sailing Program
You can also rent paddle boards and Kayaks from them.

only thing about their boat launch, it is very weedy so bring an ore, or expect to use the center board if late in the season to get out to wind. and you can't park very close to the launch so expect to walk. to parking a bit.

Attachments

• 2022-04-25_14-53-16.jpg
    2022-04-25_14-53-16.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 45
Ive never been down to the Baltimore sailing center, or really done any real racing, that would be fun!

Yes I believe the Lake area they are prohibited.. unfortunately, that would be a nice place to sail.
I launch at the Hammerman area, of Gunpowder Falls state park. they have a boat launch and actually rent Hobie wave's and Getaway's there in the summer.

only thing about their boat launch, it is very weedy so bring an ore, or expect to use the center board if late in the season to get out to wind. and you can't park very close to the launch so expect to walk. to parking a bit.
Thanks. Do you launch from a dolly or your trailer? Is there fresh water at the "soft launch" area to hose down afterwards?

Just curious, but why is there an area prohibiting boats?

Coliform contamination? blue-green algae? Entrance to town water reservoir inflow?

Seems nuts to me. Reservoirs in MANY other states allow non-powered boats. Maybe MD has found a way to keep birds and fish from pooping in its precious reservoirs so they want to make sure we humans can't foul the waters either. Rule is beyond stupid IMHO.

Seems nuts to me. Reservoirs in MANY other states allow non-powered boats. Maybe MD has found a way to keep birds and fish from pooping in its precious reservoirs so they want to make sure we humans can't foul the waters either. Rule is beyond stupid IMHO.

you can get a permit to put your boat in lochraven. im guessing they want some sort of propulsion that is not sail only. they have battery powered boats. i remember as kid they had boats with gas engines my uncle and i fished out of. but you can absolutely get a permit to put your boat in. my 72 year old mother has a sticker on her kayak. you dont even have to sign an affidavit saying you wont put it in another body of water anymore.

zebra mussels.

Last edited:

Back