Baudrate with the spectraphysics laser

helloyc

The baurate rate with our spectrphyscs laser is 110 shown in the laser power lcd. But the software running the laser does not include this baudrate. The minimul rate is 1200 in this software? We can not communicate with the laser machine now. What can we do to change the baudrate of the laser machine?
Thanks for help. We really appreciate! If you know how, please send your solution to <removed> :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your lower mast bent perhaps?
The initial baudrate for the laser machine is 9600. We changed it to higher baudrate for better performance. The 19200, 38400... baudrate are all right. But when we changed to 115200 baudrate, the port can not be found. We saw from the lcd of the laser power that the baudrate changed to 110. But there is no 110 in the software which run this laser. We now can not communicate with the laser. All we would like to do is to change the baudrate to its initial baudrate. :)

I understand your problem. As a technician of great skill I recommend this tool:

hammer.jpg

Soon you will be communicating with your laser on a level previously only dreamed of. The port will merge to starboard and your baud rate will increase to 456000. Sometimes lasers need tough love.

Hope this helps.

I understand your problem. As a technician of great skill I recommend this tool:

hammer.jpg

Soon you will be communicating with your laser on a level previously only dreamed of. The port will merge to starboard and your baud rate will increase to 456000. Sometimes lasers need tough love.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your advice. We can give it a try.
But we better find other solutions first.

yo, you just gotta drop da hammer on yo laser, trust me, i to am very experianced with lasers of all shapes, sizes and uses. After you try the hammer i suggest this.

cc-vl.jpg

trust me it works

HAHA... I like the suggestions...next time the server crashes....

We get a few of these threads a year and this is definitely the funniest so far.

Helloyc,
This forum is for Laser Sailboats not devices that use Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

Cheers,

Back