Battened hiking pants

altair

What is the most popular brand of battened hiking pants used by Sunfish sailors? Anyone have a good internet site to see these pants? Some seem very expensive.

They are pricey, but they're worth it. I tried camet pants with butt pads, and they added comfort, but weren't battened. David Loring turned me on to battened pants, and I don't think I'll ever go back. As goofy as they look, farmer john style with suspenders are the way to go. As for brands, I have a pair of magic marine, and I like them. I notice you are in S.C., and if you're near Charleston or Columbia call John Sayre as he travels back and forth from the two places frequently and you will save on shipping and handling. His prices are the same (most of the time better) than anywhere else you may go. just google Sayre Sailing and you'll find him. Otherwise, if you really feel like internet, Layline, Colie Sails, and I imagine the sponsor of the forum APS will have them. Try John first.

What is the most popular brand of battened hiking pants used by Sunfish sailors? Anyone have a good internet site to see these pants? Some seem very expensive.

I like my SEA hiking pants. but, and this is a big BUT, you must try them on to see if they fit. Therefore, use your local shop and try on different ones (Zhik, Magic Marine, SEA, etc) to see which one is comfortable for your physique. Typically, you can get ones that go over the knee and ones that don't. Again, whatever is best for you.

Back