Bad Old Nylon Blocks

lightninggeorge

I'm new to this boat, and I love the fact that upgrading is conservative, but the boom and traveller blocks are absurd. Harkens are the same price and move no faster-they're just more reliable. I've lent people snatch blocks for failed ones. It's not about advantage, it's about safety. I've never had a harken block fail in 25+ years on a Lightning.
Heck, the expensive vang and Cunningham are ridiculously expensive. And elaborate.

lets get real here people, the new rigging is not that hard to figure it out, i mean ray charles could figure it out, and hes blind, and dead!

but yes, the boom traveler blocks are crap, and could do to be replaced with something that includes bearings( cant remember if htey have em not, dont think they do), but they work, and their cheap, and i know they will work, so its not something i have to worry about to much

but the lower traveler block always get scraped up cuz my traveler is so tight, so im a bit glad im not beating up a nice harken or ronstan

almost never, some day you might feel like "hey they look kinda haggard and tired, ill replace me" but they still work, if you take care of anything, it will last

Back