Autobailer

I'm a newbie obviously. I got a new boat in the Spring. Is there something extra that I need to make my bailor into an autobailer? It has leaked since day one and once I open it, it won't fully close until I push it from the outside(something I can't do while the boat is in the water). What am I missing?

the auto-bailer is a complete piece that can fit into basically any laser. I'll work under the presumption that you have these piece and that it's just not functioning properly.

The 'o-rings' are probably worn out, or have jumped off their posts. This is common and is general maintience for the year.

The chute itself could have gotten damaged as well. If it got caught on a dock as the boat was rigged, it can deform and prevent the bailer from closing all the way.

If it is functioning properly (opening and closing) but not sealing, you can twist the black 'bung' inside the cockpit, and adjust it down the metal shaft that it sits on. This can help the bung to seal the cockpit bushing (brass thing) better.

The first two pictures here: http://westcoastsailing.net/osCommerce/catalog/laser-laser-parts-c-54_28.html show the inside of the autobailer, so you know what's going on in there.

that's usually the case floss, but sometimes a little tweaking here and there is needed.

If it's leaking, you're dealer should be able to adjust it for you, or make sure that it's working right.

if you have any trouble, PM me

Back