autobailer problem

laser92719

:confused: how exactly does my autobailer work? I have the kind with a round circle and a metal rod sticking out of it.

Also, I noticed the on the bottom of the hull, the square little hatch for the bailer to empty is not flush with the bottom of the boat. Could this be why when I put my boat in the water, water seems to be entering the cockpit. My hull is very sound otherwise.

Also, the bicycle style water bottle holder located on the forward part of the boom. Is that legal?

Thanks in advance.

yeh the bailer is all fine! normally on the rod there is a small black bung to fit in the hole, that could be why its leaking but mines leaks a tad with it on still! so that doesnt matter if its not on! you pull the rod out for the flap to go down! and push it in for the flap to come out.
tighten up the screw on the bailer plate to make it fluch or just get a bit of adhesive silicone or summit and put it round the edge so it sticks flush on the boat.
As far as i know the water bottle is legal, lots of people have them on the masts! i tape bananas there so im sure its fine.

Back