Auto bailer/theft

hoipolloi

OK, how fast do I gotta' be movin' before the auto-bailer starts to work properly?
If I'm goin' 3 knots and the cockpit's fillin' up is that normal?
Duh?

Also, some low life thieven' scum suckin' degenerate inbred etc etc....stole my top section! Imagine. I go down to race for the first time I'm able to manage in 6 wks and uh,,,,,,, huh!???? Aren't there supposed to three pieces to this rig????????
#%^%$&^%^%!!!!!!!!!!
Interestingly, in reporting the theft, the guy in the sailing centre office noted that some other unfortunate had had his BOTTOM section stolen this month sometime too.
So some clever fellow's bought hisself a cheap 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand hull and is now going around pinching bits here and there to make a complete unit. Probably some college kid. No? Think about it. Remember the movie 'Animal House'?
Whoever done it better hope I never find them out..........:mad:

:mad:

I open the bailer when I have to start hiking upwind in the radial. Otherwise i kick the water to the back of the cockpit and it sprays out the back.

In regard to theft- in my local fleet we have been having a lot of trouble( my main sheet has been knicked). As procautions ive put indentification tape on my spars, used nail polish on my up-grade cleat, and there is a stern plug out that can not be removed from its base.
good luck

speaking of the auto-bailer i have recently just bought a laser and re-rigged it, i am used to the big boy boats (J-39) so i am not much into the little ones, well i had the boat non-covered(just ordered one) and i had the plug open in the cockpit to make sure no water build up and when i came back tonight to check because we had some pretty heavy rain, i had to check my new baby, but when i got there, the whole thing was clogged up with little seeds and i can't get them out of there i even stuck a hose and all, any suggestions i don't wanna do something dumb and have to buy replacement parts in the first 2 weeks of my boat

Mike94,
Didyou try backflow from under the hull with the hose? Sometimes when I'm lazy and in a hurry to empty the cockpit on land after a storm I use a Shop Vac, wonder if that might clear your seed problem?

Good Luck

Back