Aussie Laser Sailors

I'm an aussie laser 2 sailor. I rarely sail laser 1s anymore cause I don't go sailing with the uni club much now (they have lasers).

Usually I race a 125.

I'm in Queensland.

cool!! ummm.. i was wondering.. is there a uni in queensland offering physio? I really wanted to try some uni's in the eastern states (i'm from the west side ;) ) but i wasn't sure what they're like. Are they any good? (They're probably better than the ones here on a global scale..).

I think most uni's here offer physio. I know that my uni (University of Queensland) does. I don't know what the course is like, but UQ seems like a good uni.

Just look up the websites for the unis here and it should tell you about the course. Try:
University of Queensland,
Queensland University of Technology
Griffith Uni
Central Queensland Uni
Uni of Southern Queensland
Australian Catholic Uni.

I think that's about it for the state of Qld.

Where abouts is Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club? I came to WA at the end of last year for the 125 Nationals - we sailed on the Swan River.

sailingchik said:
Hey,you guys going to nationals in tassie?? Can't wait!!!!
I'd love to but don't have the time and money to get me and my boat down there. I'm sure it would a great venue and top class event. It crosses over with the arrival of the Sydney to Hobart fleet as well. That city is going to be in a sailing frenzy! :D :D :D

No, I can't. I'm going to the 125 Nationals in Victoria so I won't have the money.

Good to see that there are so many Aussie's here.

Has anyone ever sailed at Gippsland Lakes in Victoria? What's it like - weatherwise, conditions for sailing etc?

Aussie ex-sailor here, in the process of catching the bug again... I seem a bit older and fatter than most in here, as I've never sailed Radials (they were the coming thing as I was gaining weight) and never even seen a 4.7... had an M-rig for a season or two in my early teens... have informed the wife that the five year plan is a new boat and a fair bit of use for it... now which of the kids should I sell to finance the dream?

Well, I'm soon to be an aussie non-laser sailor as I have advertised my boat for sale.

I'll still be around in the sailing circles, just in a different class of boat (as soon as my elbow gets better that is *rolls eyes at stupid repeated stress injury*).

laser2_9804 said:
Well, I'm soon to be an aussie non-laser sailor as I have advertised my boat for sale.

I'll still be around in the sailing circles, just in a different class of boat (as soon as my elbow gets better that is *rolls eyes at stupid repeated stress injury*).
im goin to take a stab at your injury and say tennis elbow... lol dont worry, its better than finding out you'll need a knee reconstruction within the next two years :S