Ask a top laser sailor a question.

Rob B

I had a gear question about some new Zhik equipment I purchased and did not want a "company answer" so I googled a couple of top US laser sailors and e-mailed them my questions.

Brad Funk replied fairly quickly with the info I needed. I also e-mailed Andy Campbell, but I think he was on his way to China at the time and obviously covered up with other things.

I would not recommend e-mailing these folks with every little question you can think of, but for those questions that can not get answered here or some that may required a perspective from those with more "global" experience these guys are accessable and do respond.

Just some FYI.

I was looking for info on the new Zhik "power pads" hiking system. I feel like I'm the only one in the US to have these. Brad is on the Zhik sailing Team. I told him about my set up using the SEA skiff pants with the Zhik pads and asked if he had seen others doing this. He replied the Zhik was designed as a "system" and they did not take competitors products into consideration, but if it worked for me then all the better. I thought he might be a better resource then someone at a desk at Zhik customer service.

Back