Are there laser sailors in southern ontario

fatstratblond

Hi! I am the new guy again, I have e-mailed differant clubs from my home in Burlington and to the East,about laser sailing and there sailing programs in the adult program I got some info from a forum member that a club near me has a good laser fleet I e-mailed a few people at that club as well have not got 1 response yet . My home club will let me sail a laser but I would rather sail with other laser sailors, I guess I will wait untill next spring. I will have my own boat then. and can get in a few months of sailing befor I join a summer sailing program, then the can try to get me out of all my bad habbits. I have been out to the lake and Bay near me many times and I have not seen 1 laser.

If you're 35 or over, come out this weekend to Port Credit YC for the Laser Masters Canadian champs. Should be a good regatta. There's also a regatta in Hamilton in a couple weeks.

I am 43 I would love to come out to the PCYC But I have plans to go to my mom and dads, who happen to live on a lake, I hope to go to the Hamilton one, Cornish Hen I think, is it a laser Masters only? I talked to friends of mine who's kids sail Laser 2s and they said the lasers normaly sail way down the bay By Dofasco and they would be to far to see But I know of a place,the Inland waters building where I used to windsurf. Hopefully the will be close to that shore.Could I walk around and check out other boats. It is close to me,about 15 to 20 min, I am on the Burlington side of the bay Thanks for the info

cornish hen is usally quite a good turnout. and is alot of fun. if u win you take home a cornish hen for dinner. its a small chicken if anyone didnt know.

I am located in Cambridge .I sail out of Bellwood Lake in Fergus.There are 4 Lasers at the club,but mine is the only one that sees the water.It would be great to see more come out and join the club.
www.blsc.on.ca

I sail out of Guelph Lake (55 mins away for you) and we race every Tuesday. 6:30 first gun. We usually get at least two races in. We are also having a one day friendly on Oct. 1. It's free so come on down. Here's the link for our club.

http://www.guelphboating.ca/

Harri P. #66236 and #114394

Portstar said:
I am located in Cambridge .I sail out of Bellwood Lake in Fergus.There are 4 Lasers at the club,but mine is the only one that sees the water.It would be great to see more come out and join the club.
www.blsc.on.ca
Come check out Guelph Lake. We regularly get 6-8 Lasers on the line for our Tuesday Night club races. 6:30 start. We are having a one day regatta on Sunday Oct. 1. You're welcome to join us.

snipeguy said:
Come check out Guelph Lake. We regularly get 6-8 Lasers on the line for our Tuesday Night club races. 6:30 start. We are having a one day regatta on Sunday Oct. 1. You're welcome to join us.

The reason that I joined Bellwood and not Guelph Lake is that I sail J35's on Tuesday.Bellwood races Wednesdays and Sundays.I will try and come on the 1st it would be fun to sail against other Lasers for a change.

Portstar said:
The reason that I joined Bellwood and not Guelph Lake is that I sail J35's on Tuesday.Bellwood races Wednesdays and Sundays.I will try and come on the 1st it would be fun to sail against other Lasers for a change.
Excellent! You won't be disappointed.

It's quite a bit smaller than your mighty Lake Bellwood but the level of racing is pretty high. Lot's of short races (twenty minutes each). We've done more than ten in a day. Email me at [email protected] and I will give you the gate combo.

Harri P.

P.S. Ahoy WAGS and AROY, you're invited too...... as well as the rest of you Water Rats.

Back