Aquabatten sails?

keowee_laser

I have an aquabatten sail that came with my boat that has never been used and would like some info on it. All I know about aquabatten is that it was a division of bainbridge. How does this sail compare to a hyde or north?

if its not hyde or north, its not legal

I didn't know aquabatten did sails, always thought they just did battens

hmm. well what makes you think it's a sail made by aquabetten? does it say aquabatten on it? what did you spend for it, and where did you get it?

The sail has red grommets on it and they say aquabatten made in england. The sail also has the red square that says laser new numbers. The sail came with my used boat. Is there another place to look for a manufactures name?

That makes more sense - the pressed rings at the tack and clew are made by Aquabatten - the sail is either a North or Hyde (they both used the same ring)

There

That makes more sense - the pressed rings at the tack and clew are made by Aquabatten - the sail is either a North or Hyde (they both used the same ring)

There

yea, the parts are made by aquabatten, not the sail, the sail is by North or Hyde, and you really can't tell who made em

how do I tell the difference between a north and a hyde? I would like to know since theres a price difference right?

Depending on the age, you may see any of the following..

1. North Sails made in Sri Lanka will have a very small sticker under the class sticker that says "Made in Sri Lanka" The sticker is not sewn down, and is easy to remove..

2. Both sailmakers ink stamp a serial # under the folded leech tabling, within a foot of the clew patch. The Hyde stamp used physically bigger numbers in 2006, not sure about other years.

Back