What's new

Aqua Finn in Midland, Michigan - Craigslist ad, Not mine.

Cactus Cowboy

I like the ad: "Made in USA (not communist China..." :rolleyes:

Looks like a better knockoff of the 'Fish, and I like that cockpit! :D

Kudos to ya for relaying the ad, 4cpus4me, I try to do the same out of San Diego C/L whenever I see a good deal... :cool:

Some of the improvements listed definitely ARE improvements... like eliminating the shower curtain rings, LOL. ;)

4cpus4me

I like the ad: "Made in USA (not communist China..." :rolleyes:

Looks like a better knockoff of the 'Fish, and I like that cockpit! :D

Kudos to ya for relaying the ad, 4cpus4me, I try to do the same out of San Diego C/L whenever I see a good deal... :cool:

Some of the improvements listed definitely ARE improvements... like eliminating the shower curtain rings, LOL. ;)
Only an hour from me but I'm not ready to achieve fleet status, yet. I mean, my god, I already own two sails. :D

Cactus Cowboy

Haha, 4cpus4me, you funneh!!! ;)

You ever see that meme with the kitten baring its teeth, looks like it's grinning? And the caption says, "You Funneh!!!" :rolleyes:

beldar boathead

I am sure whoever typed the ad did it on a laptop made in Communist China. All the new Sunfish I’ve seen are made in the UK. I think these boats are mostly sold to camps so the sleeved sail, which eliminates the ability to adjust the halyard and gooseneck, isn’t a problem. However I’d think an aluminum rudder which sinks might be a problem!

mixmkr

I've repaired a lot of camp AquaFinns. Their hulls are extremely thin..basically a little more than one layer of glass...hard to "fair out" a repair, because of the thinness. That said, they're a great company to deal with.

4cpus4me

I am sure whoever typed the ad did it on a laptop made in Communist China. All the new Sunfish I’ve seen are made in the UK. I think these boats are mostly sold to camps so the sleeved sail, which eliminates the ability to adjust the halyard and gooseneck, isn’t a problem. However I’d think an aluminum rudder which sinks might be a problem!
Very few YouTube videos of the Aqua Finn, but I did see one that ended and showed a photo of a broken cast-aluminum rudder mount.
I've repaired a lot of camp AquaFinns. Their hulls are extremely thin..basically a little more than one layer of glass...hard to "fair out" a repair, because of the thinness. That said, they're a great company to deal with.
I'm glad I got my Sunfish (for less than half this one) but I'm not ashamed to admit had I come across this one I might have paid it a visit for a look-see :eek: