Anyone with the Right On trailer?

Mashmaster

Anyone here have the Right On trailer? What is your opinion on it? Can you take a couple of pictures and measurements for me?

It's basically a standard Harbor Freight low-weight utility trailer with U-shaped brackets bolted on the top of the aftmost cross-member. There are also two rollers up the middle that you use to roll the boat/dolly up onto, and then a bow bracket that fits the dolly handle nicely.

I have one and it works well but it seems to be most stable with the Seitech/Dynamic dollies, not the Jotag (Jotag has thicker, more robust tubing than the Seitech) due to how the dolly fits into the brackets/rests on the rollers. A good purchase that allows me to take the boat to the lake on a solo day and not worry about having someone else around to help me pack it up after.

I have one. I've traveled all over the West Coast with it, and it trails/tracks nicely. It's pretty heavy as it's fabricated from steel. The system itself is pretty ingenious and works well. At major regattas when others are running around looking for a set of hands or two to load their boats, mine is already put to bed and I'm rolling out of the parking lot!

I'll be honest, they don't seem worth it for that kind of money. I haven't used or even seen one, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I'll be honest, they don't seem worth it for that kind of money. I haven't used or even seen one, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Well obviously to each his own, but when you are traveling to a lot of regattas it makes life soooo much easier. I don’t need to have a friend or my wife come to the yacht club to help get my boat on the trailer to head to the regatta, or have them help me unload when I get home. A Kittyhawk or Trailex version of a Kittyhawk work differently but also allow singlehanded loading. I think that’s why these trailers are so popular. For some reason Laser racers really like them while not nearly as many Sunfish racers use them.

The Right On seems to have smaller diameter wheels than other trailers. Any issues with traveling loinger distances with these?

Hi Tom, how did you carry the mast for the laser? is there a way to attach a pvc tube to the trailer to store the masts?
If you get a cockpit holder for the spars, all three will fit in above the deck. From there you can strap the boat down to the trailer along with the poles without them rubbing on the deck.

Any suggestions on where to purchase a cockpit holder? We are upgrading from an opti where we carried spars in pvc tubing. Thanks so much!

IMG_1267 2.jpg
IMG_1249.jpg
IMG_1252.jpg

The Right On seems to have smaller diameter wheels than other trailers. Any issues with traveling loinger distances with these?

None with my trailer. Just keep your bearings lubricated. I would recommend some Bearing Buddies.

Many people don't like that the smaller wheels spin at high RPMs, and I get that. However, Mr. Kitty Hawk himself told me that the bearings are rated by both RPMs and load. They aren't carrying much of a load, so the RPM tolerance is much higher.

Back