Anyone try the new SEA waistloc hikers yet?

mlemieux1978

Hello everyone,

I'm finally breaking down and buying some summer hikers. 12 years of standing around on steel decks is catching up with my knees and they now need some protection and support. I was wondering if anyone had tried the new SEA waistloc hikers yet? does the waist system work as advertised? I know everyone raves about the Zhik system, but the 100 dollar price difference will not make the wife happy. (thats a lot of diapers) Any advice?

thanks,
Mike

personally i have never used the sea waist hikers but i have been using the usual sea hikers as in with the suspender things for years and they are great. i will admit that personally i love most things that zhik puts out. im not sailing lasers these days so i dont know about thier hikers but their stuff is top quality so i wouldnt worry much about spending the money.

Any hikers are great, and if you get a really flash pair people might not notice those really really white legs oh yours. Get some sun man!!:) Ps personally I think you should go Zhik, they make good stuff.

I know, I know, too much time in the pilothouse or in foulies, not enough time the the laser! still, I bet the ladies find the 3/4 hiker tan very attractive.......

At one time I had tanlines from my hiking pants, my sailing boots, and my deck shoes. I admit it was kind of silly to look at. Now I'm just a nice pasty white all over.

My son has got a pair of SEA waist high hikers, without the shoulder straps.They have wide velcro straps around the waist. He thinks they are great. They are a couple of years old now, but still going strong. Good bit of kit !!!

it's all I wear laser sailing.

airprene for spring and summer, the winter version for fall/winter.

fit nice, easy on, easy off, and stay put.
we're big fans of them at the shop.

I have a pair. They're great!! Much more comfortable and easier to move around in than the SEA hikers with shoulder straps. Got them at West Coast Sailing! They do a great job getting them to you fast!!!

I pickup up a pair from APS a few weeks ago and i love them. they stay up perfectly and are very comfortable... Highly recommended. Zhik has a really good boot and hiking strap system. They also make a really good titanium layered 'Superwarm' hiker and wetsuit to replace drysuits for frostbiting. For normal hikers, I don't believe they make a superior product to SEA

Back