Anyone tried these boat covers?

On my way up to San Francisco I stopped at the SLO sail loft to look around and talk to the people there. My reason for stopping was to look at a boat cover before buying one. The owner of the loft, Karl or Kurt or something like that, showed me all around the shop and spent a lot of time with me. He even talked me out of buying the cheaper of the covers he list on Ebay, stating they were good for inside storage but not for use while driving down the road. I told him I would give it some thought and then ask him about installing a larger window in my jib. He showed me a jib they were working on and gave me a price of $35.00 plus shipping to install it. I have not yet bought a cover from him but did ship him the jib and when I got it back I was very impressed with the workmanship and turnaround time. My jib is going to need to be replaced this summer, due to age, and I will buy a new jib from SLO sails. I liked dealing with them from start to finish.

SLO Sails

Karl at SLO quoted me roughly $160 for a cover for my Capri, he mentioned a trailerable, but I am not sure the pricing was for the top gun version... Unfortunately, I only gave it casual consideration as I store indoors while the snow flies and my primary concern is in the fall making sure the pine needles doesn't stain the hull after a rain :)

This was after I purchased the Jib alteration of a larger window. They also replaced all the hanks with spring pistons and cleaned up the factory sails. Rather impressive work and shipped back to me for $65.00 in all. I'll second the motion that SLO does good work.

Good to hear the positive feedback. Anyone have experience with either the Sunbrella or Top Gun fabrics? I've read that Top Gun doesn't breath and can cause mildew if moisture makes its way under the cover. For that reason I would prefer the Sunbrella, but doesn't sound like it is as durable for trailering.

Email (or call) Karl at SLO and he will tell you everything there is about any boating fabric. That is one thing I liked about him, he is very open and honest.

I purchased a Top Gun cover last fall and it's been great so far. I usually don't travel with the cover on, but it's been great at protecting my boat over the winter since it's stored outside.

I ended up buying a top gun cover from Slo. I'll report back after I've trailered with it and let everyone know how it holds up. Upon initial inspection it looks to be of very nice quality.

With roller furling jib sock?

I just got my boat and it's mostly sitting on it's trailer in Portland, OR rain amassing pools of water in the slowly seeping bends of the boat cover that requires I unstep the mast to apply.

I want to leave the mast up with the roller furling jib covered and some tenting in a new cover so the rain doesn't pool in it. Can you give me any advice on solutions you've tried or seen?

Thanks!

I just got my boat and it's mostly sitting on it's trailer in Portland, OR rain amassing pools of water in the slowly seeping bends of the boat cover that requires I unstep the mast to apply.

I want to leave the mast up with the roller furling jib covered and some tenting in a new cover so the rain doesn't pool in it. Can you give me any advice on solutions you've tried or seen?

Thanks!

My cover does not go around the mast but I've had minor pooling problems. For the most part the cover stays pretty taught from all the bungie cords pulling it tight. I have seen a solution used where you install a couple fittings on the rails of the boat and the arch a flexible piece of aluminum or wood between them to tent up the cover. Only seen it on power boats though not sure how well it would work since you would really have to mount the fittings at the top of the seat back.

Back