Anyone seen one of these up close?

This is a perfect boat for what it was designed for. In Europe there is not a lot of room to store things for most
people. There is a lot of discussion on the web about the boat not being "performance this..." and "performance that." They totally miss the whole point of the design. Where I live the boat would be too small for the size of the lakes around me but as a class racer would be lots of fun. I don't think it's something that would catch on in the US but who knows.

Apparently these mini 12 meter are very popular. I believe used in the para Olympics.

Anyone seen one of these up close?
For both of your videos, my computer only produced a white (blank) screen :mad: ...but my phone did produce both videos. Both kinds of sailboats need the best in automatic bailers! :confused:

:oops: While I'm guilty of adding more lines and cam cleats, it's the Sunfish's hard chine, ready parts availability, simplicity, and quick set-up that are hard to beat.

Any day now, I'm expecting that antique wood Sailfish to appear in a restaurant. An old DN iceboat made it to the ceiling at a local (NH) upscale eatery. :)

L&vw....I understand they have diaphragm pumps in them...that are constantly pumped in "splashy" conditions. Lots of stuff to tweak...and pump!
Yes the quickness of setting up the fish is one of my fav features.....same with a sail without the sleeve...so it can easily be lowered.

:oops: While I'm guilty of adding more lines and cam cleats, it's the Sunfish's hard chine, ready parts availability, simplicity, and quick set-up that are hard to beat.

I think I might have the found a better sailing "cheap bastard" combo to compete with the Sunfish setup. I'm now sailing a Zuma hull with a full Laser rig. I'm still keeping the Sunfish for OD races though.

Back