Anyone recommend a good US Laser shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas

Looking for a good well known US Laser shop to order new sails through and ship to Aus.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Looking for a good well known US Laser shop to order new sails through and ship to Aus.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

I don't know if they'd ship though, because Vanguard uses sales districts in North America. One dealer can't impinge upon another's sale's area. That is one thing that is supposed to change with PSE in charge.

I thought I read somewhere that Colie Sails will throw in the numbers and even put them on for you. To lazy to go look if this is true , but I think their site is:
[SIZE=-1]www.coliesail.com[/SIZE]

Try West Coast Sailing http://westcoastsailing.net/ I have purchased a few laser items from George with a great turn around. If you order on a Thursday it is usually at your door (in Australia) on Tuesday. Assuming that the items are in stock.

Hello,

I work for Vanguard. We, nor are any of our dealers allowed to sell any Laser parts to Australia. Because of the licensing agreement we have with Performance Sailcraft Europe, we are only allowed to sell to North America and set territories allotted by Performance Sailcraft Europe. If you are interested in purchasing sails in Australia, your Laser builder contact there is: http://www.lasersailing.com.au/

I understand the exchange rate is quite favorable, but unfortunately there isn't much we can do.

Cheers

Try West Coast Sailing http://westcoastsailing.net/ I have purchased a few laser items from George with a great turn around. If you order on a Thursday it is usually at your door (in Australia) on Tuesday. Assuming that the items are in stock.

Hello,

I work for Vanguard. We, nor are any of our dealers allowed to sell any Laser parts to Australia. Because of the licensing agreement we have with Performance Sailcraft Europe, we are only allowed to sell to North America and set territories allotted by Performance Sailcraft Europe. If you are interested in purchasing sails in Australia, your Laser builder contact there is: http://www.lasersailing.com.au/

I understand the exchange rate is quite favorable, but unfortunately there isn't much we can do.

Cheers

Uhoh...looks like West Coast Sailing just got caught.

Uhoh...looks like West Coast Sailing just got caught.

I'm sure George thanks you for pointing that out.

I'm betting that the buyer is mistaken, and that the items sent weren't actually stamped Laser, but only related items.

Of course there's nothing to stop some friendly American Laser sailor buying a few on your behalf and whipping them around to the post office!

Out of interest, with all the talk on here of how bad the North sails are, why not get the Hyde ones from europe? Or are they no better?

I'm betting that the buyer is mistaken, and that the items sent weren't actually stamped Laser, but only related items.

You're probably correct. But there is something more than just exchange rates at work here. If the sails are made in Sri Lanka, why doesn't the price work out the same? More price fixing shenanigans? The shipping costs must be comparable. Is there a ridiculous import duty on sails brought into Australia?

For example I found a Hyde sail being sold for AU$1000 (which is US$922). A Hyde sail sells at APS for US$620 (or AU$696). That's a AU$226 difference!!! The equivalent price difference on a North sail is AU$255.

People ask all the time, and I have no idea why the stuff is so expensive down under.

We are the North American Tasar dealer, and we are allowed to sell Tasar parts out of region if we pay that region a royalty.

For Laser parts (and other boats that are restricted by class rules, dealer arrangements, etc) we are generally not allowed that liberty.

Not sure how other dealers handle it, not my place to say.

I thought I read somewhere that Colie Sails will throw in the numbers and even put them on for you. To lazy to go look if this is true , but I think their site is:
[SIZE=-1]www.coliesail.com[/SIZE]

They do, you can get Euro of digital style numbers, and tell-tails free of charge. I beleive they charge extra for national letters, cant remember. I just tell em what I want and to bill me later lol

People ask all the time, and I have no idea why the stuff is so expensive down under.

We are the North American Tasar dealer, and we are allowed to sell Tasar parts out of region if we pay that region a royalty.

For Laser parts (and other boats that are restricted by class rules, dealer arrangements, etc) we are generally not allowed that liberty.

Not sure how other dealers handle it, not my place to say.

So this begs the question, why would you, or would you to begin with, sell Laser Class parts to a different country?

The Laser Forum is not going to be used to indict a Laser dealer. George of West Coast has been a sponser here, as well as a regular contributor. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back