Anyone in Minnesota?

groove

*I am new to the sport. I took a learn to sail class and we used 420’s. I find the laser to be a different animal though. I have gone to Lake Phalen a few times so far and I am having trouble balancing the boat. I am sure this comes with experience but I would like to watch a race. I think I could learn more by watching some people who know these boats than by reading a book. I know we are coming up on the end of the season and the end of nice weather. So, is there anywhere I can go to watch a race?

Groove.

I am sure someone on this forum will give some information about local regattas and all.

At the same, I am also new to this forum and recently got a laser for my young daughter and of course, I had to get onto it and play.:cool:

By now, I am pretty convinced that, without putting words in their mouths, that 49208 (AKA: Greg), Sailingmaniac (AKA: Jack), Kaiser (AKA: Glenn) etc, all these maniacs, ;) will tell you to simply go sailing on a Laser is far better than watching others do it, you will get the hang of it....and love it!

Last week, I took the Laser out for a spin, after having begged for permission from the princess, and played on it for a while in light air. Tried different position, balancing etc to see its reactions and mine. After a while already I was seeing a difference in performance. It is a great little boat...

So go and play...:D

GG

you didn't mention where in Minnesota you are located, but from past experience there is a big, friendly, and competitive fleet in the Minneapolis area. the Twin City Laser fleet (TLC) covers 4 or 5 yacht clubs where races can be found Tue, Wed, Thu evenings as well as Sat and Sun am's or afternoons. also, a number of regattas over the season. check out Laser NA District 21 website for all the info and links and contacts. they will race until the lakes freeze. good luck.

Back