Anyone else with a 14.2 in Santa Barbara?

Shaun Sanders

If you sail your 14.2 out of SB or nearby, let's meet up, compare boats, and see if there's enough of us to start a fleet.

I'm based out of Thousand Oaks currently and find myself in S.B. often. Let's chat I love that idea.
I guess the thing to do would be to wait a bit longer and see if anyone else wants to sail out of SB, then set a date when we can bring our boats to SB marina (or elsewhere if more convenient). Spread the word!

When the weather settles down a bit (big winds lately), I'll post a couple of dates and see who can make it, and whether to meet in SB or Ventura. Probably a weekend is best for most people.

Hi All. I'd like to suggest a date of Saturday, May 21st at 10am to gather at SB marina near the boat ramp, weather allowing. I am open to going down to Ventura also, but no one's mentioned it so far, so maybe we can do SB this time and Ventura next time. It would be great if it were a regular thing, either once a month or twice a month on the same day each time. What say ye, me hearties.

I live in SB and have a Capri 14.2. Problem is I cant move it. Sitting on my trailer which has blown out tires, completely corroded nuts and axel and springs as its been sitting a while. I'm ready to get back into sailing it but cant find a trailer replacement or someone that can assist in rebuilding mine. Any thoughts?

I live in SB and have a Capri 14.2. Problem is I cant move it. Sitting on my trailer which has blown out tires, completely corroded nuts and axel and springs as its been sitting a while. I'm ready to get back into sailing it but cant find a trailer replacement or someone that can assist in rebuilding mine. Any thoughts?
Sure.

1.) jack up your trailer and pull the rims. Off you go to get new tires installed.

2.) If we ever make one of these meet-ups happen we can launch one of our boats and use the trailer to do a recovery mission. SB has some pretty fantastic beach landings and if you get a little dolly set-up your capri could leave right there.

I recommend option 1.

Yep, you're going to have to spend money. You can either buy a used trailer for a few hundred dollars (I see them on craigslist from time to time) and adjust the bunks to fit the boat. The other option is you replace the axles and springs on your old trailer. I'd do whatever is cheaper. My trailer cost almost $800 because I have a fixed keel and had to raise the bunks over two feet, plus fit a new winch and winch post at the trailer tongue. It was quite the headache, but I have a great system. Good luck with it.

Back