Any way to fix crazing?

Fred P

The deck on my 'fish has crazing (fine cracks, really) from hard hits on the deck and edges. Is there any "easy" way to hide them? I thought maybe some Marinetex on the cracks followed by wet sanding might work. I don't want to get involved in sanding down the whole deck or that big a project. Anybody got info?
Thanks,
Fred

what i'd do is gouge out the small crazing cracks out the best i could, and then use, Marinetex, or some other kind of filler, then fair it out. then i'd get some epoxy paint from your local marine store, and paint the decks, and hull if need be. the will make your boat look brand spankin' new. and if you have a white boat, i'l paint it white again, so that when you get it scratched, it scratches to the original white color. good luck!

personally, I would leave the crazing alone. It is just what happens to fiberglass boats. If you must fix it, gelcoat is the way to go. Marine tex is not designed as a good-looking finish coat, and painting is a nuisance - it will never look perfect, will be subject to scratching and chipping, etc. BB

Back