Any UK Sailors doing the Rooster 8.1 Nationals this weekend?

Sailorchick

Forecast is looking interesting. Originally thought it looked quite fair, light on sat, windy (23mph) on Sunday. Now its looking like stupidly windy (30+mph) on Sunday!! Bear in mind I usually sail radial so that really is very very windy when I'm in the fat boy rig!!

Maybe see some of you there - there are still rigs available to hire from rooster (i'm a radial sailor so not gonna buy one). I'll be the one completely out of control on Sunday :)

I am going and dragging a mate along with me so that's 2 more you can add!

Sunday looks like it might be a tad too breezy to sail though....

I should hope so too LaserNut (if you are who i think you are). You can't let the Mrs go and sail and stay at home now can you!

Shame the weather decided not to play - very very light on Saturday and blowing a gale (literally) on Sunday.

We still got 4 races in on the Sat. I did fairly rubbish but well done to Lasernut getting 5th place :)

Hopefully next year the wind will be kinder to the 8.1 fleet!

Hopefully next year I wont make the same mistakes (in race 1 and race 4).

Race one I was the other party in the 'tying up someone with a mainsheet' incident, in race 4 I was busy doing turns whilst the fleet started. Still pulled through to 20th though so was pleased with that.

Have decided that my sail is a bit on the knackered side too though so time to save for a new one.....

Back