Any Sunfish enthusiasts in Albany, NY or close by?

Monsterfish

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any Sunfish enthusiasts in Albany, NY, or close by? I bought my first-ever Sunfish last year towards the end of the season in late September. She is an "old" pre- 70s lady but in a good shape. My girlfriend and I, we only managed to have a few trips last year. I was working on a boat during the winter, got some upgrades done, and now have some spare parts. We are looking forward to this season but it would be fun to connect with other Sunfish enthusiasts, sail together, exchange advice, and other information on places to sail and alike. If anyone is interested, please reach out.

Thank you for your time!

There is a new fleet forming at Saratoga Lake Sailing Association... not sure how close that is to you... but Dan is the fleet captain and a world class sailor... check them out
-Lee Montes

Hi! I'm in Troy and would love to join up. But, 1) I just bought my Sunfish last week and haven't registered the trailer yet, and 2) I have very little experience in sailboats so it'll take some time to get familiar. I'm anxious to get out though. I suppose I'll go to Round Lake until I can handle the boat confidently.

Back