Any opinions on this mast step?

hdco1313

Here's an inside shot of the 1980 standard rig Laser I just bought (with all of the bouyancy containers shoved out of the way). Hull and deck are tight and solid all the way around. Very happy with this boat and feel like I got a good deal for the $900 I paid (courtesy of a Boat Wanted listing in this forum).

If you have any opinions of the state of this mast step please fire away. It looks pretty good to me, and it doesn't leak. Thanks!

Attachments

• A85_2247-1.JPG
    A85_2247-1.JPG
    386.5 KB · Views: 65
rock steady said:
$900 (USD?) seems like top dollar for a 1980 hull though.

Vtgent49 told me that any Laser will sell for at least $1000 in the US because you can get that much by selling the bits separately on eBay. So $900 is a nice price.

I have to agree with Merrily on this one I looked for a long time when I was looking for a beater boat for the cottage and ended up paying that($900) for a 73 in very good shape.

hdco1313 said:
If you have any opinions of the state of this mast step please fire away. It looks pretty good to me, and it doesn't leak.

If everything there at the base is hard and solid with no play, it looks like a good repair to me.

Cheers,

Geoff S.

Back