Any Laser sailors on Eufala Lake in Oklahoma?

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Just wondering if any site members live in that area and have sailed on the lake... or any nearby lake? I'm considering a relocation to that area, and I had originally planned to just buy a small skiff or inflatable to go freeboarding... dating myself here, that's getting towed astern while riding a short board like a Rocket Fish, kind of like the precursor to wakeboarding. After seeing a Laser in decent shape on sale in that general area for about a grand, I'm wondering whether there's any good sailing to be had there... I know I can buy a primo pad on 3+ acres dirt cheap, low taxes and all, and several lakes are within striking distance for recreational boating. Any sailors, not just Laser sailors but ANY sailors in that area, your input is welcome... thanks in advance, and CHEERS!!! :cool:

Meh, I guess not... and I may wind up on the Inner Banks of the "Tar Heel" anyway, or go the liveaboard route in the Pacific Northwest, I'm still researching my options. Tough call, with only so much money as a safety cushion, I gotta make it stand up and do tricks. WTF, at least I have a choice, which is more than some folks have in this Brave New Third World... guess I'll carry on with the web research and listings checks in various states. :confused:

Back