Any Colorado People?

schloe

I grew up racing in Cape Cod in the summer (optis, 420s, lasers, etc.) but now i'm living in Denver full time. Brought my laser out here this summer and I'll be doing the Thursday night dinghy series at Cherry Creek Reservoir and the Dillon Open and Colorado Championships in August. Do any of you guys/gals sail lasers in this landlocked state?

My name is John. Sail # 159939 with the red Atlanta olympics hull.

Hi, Make sure you understand the wierdness of Dillon before you sail on it.. Having grown up on it and Cherry Creek both, I'd say CC is much safer for a dingy.. Dillon can bite you in the arse really quick if you aren't watching the weather..

Yeah the weather can roll in quickly up there. And the races aren't until late afternoon, which seems weird to me because that's when the rain/wind always comes.

AM races at Dillon are a disaster. the wind will shift so many times, you can do a whole course and not tack or jibe.. PM winds are more consistent with the Windward mark off the dam.. Good freinds are down there this week coming week for the Snipe Nationals.. I'm sure they will come back with a story or two.. Have fun..

Per the Snipe Nationals Webpage..

morning_options.htm_cmp_copy-of-arcs010_bnr.gif

No races are scheduled before noon on any day due to the variable conditions normal before lunch. That leaves three to four hours each morning to fill. The following options list a few of the activities that competitors and families can take advantage of and still be back at the marina by 11:00 am.

Hey John,

I'm also from the Cape (Falmouth) and am now living in Denver and occasionally racing my Laser at Cherry Creek... though I haven't made it out this year due to work and travel.

FYI, I'm sure you've met Wayne Lemley racing on Thursday ... he sends out an e-mail alerting all of us to local events. If you're not on his e-mail list send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll forward it to him.

Hopefully I'll see you on the reservoir before the season is over.

Ron

Thursday night racing at Cherry Creek Reservoir, eh?

I'm visiting Denver this week and I'm less than five miles from there. Last time I was here, there was a little outfit down there that rented sailboats. Do they rent lasers?

Hey John,

I'm also from the Cape (Falmouth) and am now living in Denver and occasionally racing my Laser at Cherry Creek... though I haven't made it out this year due to work and travel.

FYI, I'm sure you've met Wayne Lemley racing on Thursday ... he sends out an e-mail alerting all of us to local events. If you're not on his e-mail list send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll forward it to him.

Hopefully I'll see you on the reservoir before the season is over.

Ron

Hey Ron - That's awesome. My mom's family has a place in south yarmouth so I was a member at BRYC. I raced all over the place so I may have even raced with you (bass river, dennis, hyannis, hyannisport, stonehorse, edgartown, scituate, cotuit, newport, etc.). I signed up for Wayne's email distribution two weeks ago but i haven't met him. I've also been working too much lately to make it out on thursday, but hopefully I'm able to this week. Are you doing the dillon regatta this coming weekend? I'll be up there, staying in the best western ptarmigan hotel right next to the DYC.

Back