State
MASSACHUSETTS
City
North Truro
1974 Antique / Vintage Sail Boat with Trailer -
Make is an “Aeronaut”
See Information attached
Purchased New by my Dad in 1974.
In Great Shape, Boat & Trailer has always been Garage Stored, 1 Owner.
Comes with extra mast from a personalized sail that was my Dads,
She's 14' long, on trailer measurement 16.5' she needs a new good homes
and would be a great sail boat for any beginner or for someone that just needs
a little something smaller to sail.
Color is Lt Blue top with White under.
All Original.
Asking $2000.00 OBO
Pick Up in North Truro MA

Attachments

Last edited:

AQBill

Wavedancer can you help me ???
Dear Polaris,

Well, the boat is certainly "Sunfish-esque" although clearly not an actual one (except for the boom, gaff, sail and - maybe - the brown wood dagger board which do appear to be from an actual Sunfish). It seems likely that there should be some kind of identification on the hull or cockpit. It looks, to me, like the boat itself is smaller than a Sunfish and more Mini-Fish in size. I'm sure, in total that there've probably been as many "clones" built as actual Sunfish. The virtue in having a "real" Sunfish is probably in the lay-up of the fiberglass hull. For better or worse the design and structure of the Sunfish have stood the test of time. A clone might be as well made (or even better) but odds are that it's not. Somebody (your Dad) has certainly put a great deal of loving care into the boat but whatever it "is," it's not a Sunfish.

Best of luck,
Bill

Last edited:

tag

my2fish
Polaris,
See this other thread Wavedancer started to help ID your boat.

As several mentioned, your hull is definitely not a Sunfish hull. Looks like perhaps a Porpoise II hull.
There is not a lot of "antique" value to any of these small sailboats unfortunately.

Good luck with your selling process.

tag

Polaris

Dear Polaris,

Well, the boat is certainly "Sunfish-esque" although clearly not an actual one (except for the boom, gaff, sail and - maybe - the brown wood dagger board which do appear to be from an actual Sunfish). It seems likely that there should be some kind of identification on the hull or cockpit. It looks, to me, like the boat itself is smaller than a Sunfish and more Mini-Fish in size. I'm sure, in total that there've probably been as many "clones" built as actual Sunfish. The virtue in having a "real" Sunfish is probably in the lay-up of the fiberglass hull. For better or worse the design and structure of the Sunfish have stood the test of time. A clone might be as well made (or even better) but odds are that it's not. Somebody (your Dad) has certainly put a great deal of loving care into the boat but whatever it "is," it's not a Sunfish.

Best of luck,
Bill

Polaris

Well after much searching I found out she’s an Aeronaut Sail Boat see attached photo with info
Thank you for your comment before
Karen

Reactions: tag
Status
Not open for further replies.