Another Wild Story

paulsheller

Administrator
Okay, troops, this is it. I've read about many wild experiences in Capri 14.2s, but this by far is the absolute worst. About the only advice I can give after reading this disaster is, if the weather is knarly, lower the centerboard all the way and secure it so it stays down. Better yet, if it's blowing that hard, stay home and watch TV like God intended you to.
Ed Jones
Click here to open the story.

Wow. Awful story. Biggest lesson: keep the hatch closed. Or is the biggest lesson: heed the small craft advisory warnings? --- Paul

Attachments

• C-14.2 Steve Spratt.doc
    32 KB · Views: 2,613
Steve,

Maybe you should be sailing a Capri 14.2K! If you or anyone's interested, I have a lightly used one which I will most likely be selling next summer. It has full battens with reef points added. When it was brand new one of the first things I did was purposely try to get it to knock down by sailing in 25 knots under full sail going closehauled to weather. I found a pleasant surprise. It dips the leeward stern quarter, ships about a quart of water, rounds up a little and goes back to hard acceleration right on course. Of course there is significant weather helm, but absolutely NO drama. The water just drains right back out. It's quite bulletproof. I also added a homemade version of a boomkicker. I wouldn't want to be without it.

The reason I'm probably going to sell it is I've found 5 boats for 2 people is a little too much.
1 C14k. sailboat
2 Stearns inflatable kayaks.
1 Avon 3.10 Rigid Inflatable Boat
1 Dragonfly 1000 33' folding trimaran.

Steve B.

Capri 14.2 Nationals: Sept. 15-16, 2007 - Mission Bay YC San Diego

More fun than ever! Click here to download the registration form.

Attachments

• 2007 Nats Regis..doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 328

Back