Another Sunfish

Pete Z

I just went crazy again and bought another Sunfish. This is my 5th Fish, not counting a Sailfish, two Minifish and two Force Fives along the way. I have been sailing an Omega 14 recently but I have found that the time spent setting up and taking down eats into my sailing time. So I will be selling the Omega and enjoying my new (1973) Fish.

The boat looks to be in good condition considering its age and it has an almost new sail and a new bow handle. It also came with a nice APS boat cover and rides on a Cox galvanized trailer with LED lights.

The previous owner had customized the color scheme for the deck, see pic. Also he had installed two Beckson ports with the bag on the front cockpit bulkhead, see pic.

I will have to wait for spring to sail it as it is getting too cold for me here in southern Virginia to sail for a while.
P1010440b.jpg
P1010439b.jpg

Geez. I know that feeling.
I was actually thinking today, "I wonder if its possible to store a small sailboat on the roof. Just use a winch to haul it up there. Otherwise its just wasted space!"

Anyway, nice boat. The inspection ports look almost identical to mine. I've also got the bag in the left side port. But mine doesn't have the classic hook there. I took it out and put in a cleat. Now I wish I had the hook back. There's just something about original hardware.

"...The previous owner had customized the color scheme for the deck, see pic. Also he had installed two Beckson ports with the bag on the front cockpit bulkhead, see pic..."
I just realized that the skipper can clearly inspect both sides of the daggerboard trunk. Once it's dried out, floating it back in the water one can detect the smallest leak. :cool:

They appear quite large—are those two inspection ports 6- or 8- inchers?

I invested in a wetsuit, booties and hoodie this year. I'm still sailing . I'm just a little south of you...have you thought of getting rigged up? I think it will extend the season by 2-3 months.

Back