another sunfish dolly. rollaboat tote copy

Michael3

Built another dolly, which works better for me. Much easier to maneuver, and was built with scrap lumber and two purchased non-swiveling casters.

Attachments

• IMG_20200723_181625.jpg
    IMG_20200723_181625.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20200723_181507.jpg
    IMG_20200723_181507.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
I would put a lot of padding on the bottom boards and lower air pressure in tires. That is a small surface area to have bounce against the hull and trunk. Trunk and bottom are weak spots and Pearson hulls more so.

I would put a lot of padding on the bottom boards and lower air pressure in tires. That is a small surface area to have bounce against the hull and trunk. Trunk and bottom are weak spots and Pearson hulls more so.
you wouldn't want to bounce the hull on the dolly. This is used for ramp launching only. You could damage the hull if you were too rough with it.

I see another dolly in the background - kind of a wooden version of a Seitech dolly. Do you have more info on that one?

I see another dolly in the background - kind of a wooden version of a Seitech dolly. Do you have more info on that one?
There's another recent thread for that one. Search "seitech dimensions". It works fine but I prefer this one. Easier to build and use.

Built another dolly, which works better for me. Much easier to maneuver, and was built with scrap lumber and two purchased non-swiveling casters.
Could you provide the dimensions of the lumber, axle and construction. Your dolly looks to be easily transportable with the sunfish on the roof of your car and the dolly inside. I think it might be possible to use bicycle wheels so you can move the boat on rough terrain. Thanks!

Swiveling casters would make for some funny launch-sequences! :oops:

I guess bicycle tires could be attached using "clip-pins".

Back