Tomorrow, if all goes right, I will be bringing home what looks like a really nice 1972 Sailfish. My son wants to learn how to sail, and we have been trying to choose between a1960's Sunfish, a really nice 1975 Minifish 2 (just $400!), and this Sailfish. I have to admit that I was surprised when we chose the Sailfish (I really wanted that Minifish 2!), but there were some good reasons for doing so:
- it is uncomplicated.
- it would make a nice diving platform, easier to get back into (onto?) than a Sunfish
- two people can sail on it. That is difficult on a Minifish.
- it is light(er) than a Sunfish for easier car topping (for him. I don't car top anything anymore!)
- it will fit on my Kayak trailer with my Minifish (the Sunfish was just a little bit too wide)
- it is easy and inexpensive to get new sails for it, which was my major concern with the Minifish 2.
That was our reasoning at least. If all goes well tomorrow we will see if our reasoning was right!