Am I out of line on the price?

I don't know much about these and what a fair price would be. 1500 too low? If she were yours what would you be asking... if you don't mind me asking?

Prices on brand-new Sunfish are pushing $5000. :eek: Yours is the better build. :cool:

I'd ask $2500+ and wait for the right buyer. ;) Sunfish have a strong image.

I suspect a capsize. ;)

Florida, in spite of its flat terrain, can surprise a sailor with a gust "out of blue". :confused:

At other times, I like ghosting along, surprising diving loons, grebes, anhingas, turtles, and fish; although big fish often startle me!

Kayaking is too noisy. ;)

Was it L&VW who said assume every lake in Florida has an alligator? This is why my Dad sold his first Sunfish-a large water moccasin swam right between his legs and I'm pretty sure he was thinking about alligators too! Glad he bought another Sunfish and moved it up to Wisconsin!

Agree a that’s a $2500 boat. But it’s night and day better than kayaking. Did you sail then there is wind???
I altered the price... thank you. Better than kayaking? Not for me. I tried to like sailing, I really did. It was fun working on her and getting her cleaned up. My problem/s are several. I'm on the Gulf here in FL and the shelf is very shallow. I could drag the daggerboard easily 5 miles out. Which leaves me lakes. I don't care for lakes much. Too many bugs and boats, not enough dolphin, sharks, turtles etc. I've been known to go 10 miles out in the Gulf at night. Just not doable on the Fish.

I suspect a capsize. ;)

Florida, in spite of its flat terrain, can surprise a sailor with a gust "out of blue". :confused:

At other times, I like ghosting along, surprising diving loons, grebes, anhingas, turtles, and fish; although big fish often startle me!

Kayaking is too noisy. ;)

I had capsized several times to practice self rescue. Honestly? That's the most fun I had with her. Everyone's terrain is equally as flat when you're on the water. =) To me, sailing is a bit too boring. Unless it's windy, you just sit there and pray for it to be windy. And again, I prefer to be out in the salt water with the larger creatures.
Noise = waves! Bring them on! haha

Was it L&VW who said assume every lake in Florida has an alligator? This is why my Dad sold his first Sunfish-a large water moccasin swam right between his legs and I'm pretty sure he was thinking about alligators too! Glad he bought another Sunfish and moved it up to Wisconsin!

Been here since 1962, fishing, camping, hiking, kayaking, swimming etc. The danger of Alligators, moccasin's etc are for the most part, all hype. Sure bad things happen and I'm not meaning to generalize because like I said, bad things happen. That said, they usually happen to stupid people. Feeding gators, poking at a Cottonmouth. Not knowing breeding seasons.

Attachments

• 67548921_1219784978201385_5839256932266803200_n.jpg
    67548921_1219784978201385_5839256932266803200_n.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 52
I've noticed boats in Florida sell or are listed for less than just about anywhere else. I think there are just so many boats there and harsh environment that people have to discount them more. I think it's priced right, but would want trailer to be included with asking price. There are not many accessories either. Unless your a buyer that races its hard to justify the extra $1,000 over an older model considering the older models hold up well and there are many of them...….often with more accessories like trailer, dolly, extra sail, etc.

Recommend being more flexible and showing price with and without trailer.

Back