Allstate Laser destruction

vguard296

I just saw this for the first time but seeing the nice white sail get shreaded (legal too!), I must say this is the most creative waste of a way to get rid of an old boat. Im sure their was more than just that one victimized Laser

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DU5LKoC1A8&feature=related"]YouTube - Allstate TV Ad: Lawn Game Mayhem[/ame]

Looks like an older Laser, but the sail looked to be in pretty good condition before they trashed it.. Class legal, too.

I love the mainsheet rigging.

attachment.php

Attachments

• allstate_laser.jpg
    allstate_laser.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 225
It looks like all the "damage" to the hull is computer generated to me and if you look closely on full screen you can see the sail looks like it is already pre-torn.

On a side note that will show my lack of knowledge----do class legal sails have the "window" on them. The one in that commercial does not have one.

It looks like all the "damage" to the hull is computer generated to me and if you look closely on full screen you can see the sail looks like it is already pre-torn.

On a side note that will show my lack of knowledge----do class legal sails have the "window" on them. The one in that commercial does not have one.

Oh, maybe not. I just was looking at the red square on the tack, which I thought was a class emblem.

I wonder if the sail tearing isn't computer generated either. The red at the tack looks suspiciously like the red label and button. Watching how it tears, it looks more like paper. If it is CGI then that would explain the missing window.

The real question though is whether it is class legal to rig the mainsheet that way! ;-)

I wonder if the sail tearing isn't computer generated either. The red at the tack looks suspiciously like the red label and button. Watching how it tears, it looks more like paper. If it is CGI then that would explain the missing window.

The real question though is whether it is class legal to rig the mainsheet that way! ;-)

The destruction definitely looks computer generated. Thanks for pointing out the rigging, Sorosz. I was so intent in looking at the damage that I missed it! Looks like a 4 year old did it! Or someone who's not a sailor.

I think that the sail is made out of paper with the class legal patch at the clew stuck on afterwards...

there really should be a legal disclaimer on the TV Spot

"No Lasers or Laser Sailors were harmed in the filming of this commercial"

Back