Airport security damaged blades-recourse?

con187368

Like the title says, airport security rumaged through my sons hard blade case, rearranged things and managed to break the tip off of the daggerboard. The tip was overhanging the corner of the case when they tried to close it, you can see the crush mark on the case. Has anyone every tried to receive compensation for this type of careless handling? Any tips on how to make a claim? :mad:

You have a slightly damaged $200 item and you are asking if you should spend time chasing funds from a bureaucracy.

It all depends on how you value your time and what you consider as wasting it..

You have a slightly damaged $200 item and you are asking if you should spend time chasing funds from a bureaucracy.

It all depends on how you value your time and what you consider as wasting it..

*$390.50 USD. Taxes probably on top of that.

Though that's not really the point. It wasn't damaged, and now it is.

But if you're rollin' in that much scrilla, you can throw some my way.

File a report with your fuzzy and loveable TSA. Be patient and see what happens.

But I would just fix the board; preferably with your youngster. There's info on the Forum (use the Search function) and Gouvernail has detailed advice on his website.

*$390.50 USD. Taxes probably on top of that.

Though that's not really the point. It wasn't damaged, and now it is.

But if you're rollin' in that much scrilla, you can throw some my way.

I'm rollin' in it.... Thanks to you, my new never been sailed centerboard just doubled in perceived value.

Yeah - the gorillas that check bags really suck. I'm sorry about your blade :(

I'd certainly file the reports etc and try to get compensation - but don't be surprised if you spend a lot of effort and get nothing

Back