Advice on lasers

tytoomx

Hello everybody,

today afternoon I've been installing an inspection port in my laser, because it's getting water through the mast step and I plan to make some repair work, following the instructions in other threads in this forum.

The port is already installed but I have to prove it with a nice capsize to check if it is correctly sealed.

I had never seen a laser inside and I got a big surprise: when I tried to have a look to the centreboard hole I realized I have two plastic barrels there!

Is this normal? Do all the lasers have anything similar? Which is their function?

Side note - has anyone managed to get "popped" plastic barrels out of their hull?
I have a hull that does not need an inspection port installed but the noise it makes when I flip it over for cleaning etc is very annoying! Always hoped some would shift towards the bung and could be vacuumed out.

Side note - has anyone managed to get "popped" plastic barrels out of their hull?
I have a hull that does not need an inspection port installed but the noise it makes when I flip it over for cleaning etc is very annoying! Always hoped some would shift towards the bung and could be vacuumed out.
Yes, they get put of s 15cm hole, deflatet. Reverse, inflate with vacuum cleaner in reverse. Do not fill to much. There have to be some reserve for ☀️ days.

Back