Advice from Experienced sailors

D3AN

Hello every one,

My name is Dean, im 19, live in london.. Currently manager of a bar, in kensington, and i just joined this forum today... Been looking through it, and it seems to be very helpful, and it's active which is a bonus!

I've been speaking to UKSA and im looking at doing there 'ocean graduate' course.. im very new to sailing, and dont have many logged miles.. Do you think this is a good way to get into it.. Any adivce, and tips would be greatfully appreciated!

Thnxs a lot for any help you may be able to give me..
Dean

D3an,

Welcome aboard. Ask you questions, the internet does not care were you live. A Sunfish in England is the same as a Sunfish in the USA. Between this forum, Sunfish Sailor Yahoo, Sailing Texas, Wind Line Sails and numorus other sources, you can get the info you need to get an old SF up and sailing or a new one performing better. A Sunfish is a good way to get started, it is simple to rig, easy to sail (harder to sail well though) and easy to transport. You learn the basics of sailing and can apply them to other boats. Good Luck

UKSA, the United Kindom Sailing or Sunfish Association?

D3AN said:
yea, it is...
i dont realy think this forum is for me... thanks though... good luck.
Dean

You are right. Especially as one of the "experts" has no idea what UKSA stands for.

OG

UKSA - United Kingdom Sailing Academy (apparently the one Dean was refering to)
UKSA - United Kingdom Samba Association
UKSA - United Kingdom Shareholders Association
UKSA - United Kingdom Skateboarding Association

There are more organizations that have the UKSA as the abbreviation. I was asking for a clarification as I do not live in England and am not familar with their organizations. I do not claim to be an "expert", never have, but do know what to do about certain things around a SF. You are correct, this forum is not for Dean when people have an attitude that does not welcome them into the group as I was attempting to do. You can not become educated with out asking questions. The dumb question is the one not asked.

Back