Advice for Novice

Bob Jolley

I am new to sailing and have just purchased an old Laser 11 to get started. I would like to obtain rigging diagrams, parts lists & diagrams for the boat and a good booklet for beginner sailors. An experienced sailor has offered to provide instruction next spring. In the interim, the above items would get me started. Can any on you seasoned vets set me in the right direction to obtain the above items?

tks

Laser 11? The laser is 13'10" long and always has been...

Are you talking about a Laser 2?

AAR, there are some pictures of rigging and parts on the Annapolis Performance Sailing website http://www.apsltd.com

Click on the One Design Parts link and go to the Laser or Laser 2 icon

The sites I have been directed to are very helpful. Despite the recent use, it is apparent work is required to get my older Laser back sailing.
The boat appears to be an early 80's vintage and was sold as a Laser 2. It has a jib, but there is no evidence of a spinnaker. The mast appears to be one piece with only two halyards. The mast heel has a short sleeve configuration. The mast step is hardwood (retrofit?).The Mainsail foot has 10 eyelets. and the jib has sliding plastic clips that would appear to clip onto the fore stay. Everything else is consistent with internet site drawings.
Can anyone provide insight on the early 80's models and comment on how I would be best to retrofit for recreational sailing? I have confirmed I have access to all parts etc. through Fogh Marine , Toronto, Ont Canada.

Back