Adjustable gooseneck

Saltybones

I broke me gooseneck quick adjust and am looking to buy a new one. Sailing shops like aps jack up the price 3-4x on what is just a bike seat height adjuster.

Anyone have a particular brand name of one that works well and wont corrode/rust in salt water. As a bike seat adjuster they sell for $5-8 online, but I want one that wont rust.

I broke me gooseneck quick adjust and am looking to buy a new one. Sailing shops like aps jack up the price 3-4x on what is just a bike seat height adjuster.

Anyone have a particular brand name of one that works well and wont corrode/rust in salt water. As a bike seat adjuster they sell for $5-8 online, but I want one that wont rust.
Check out Intensity Sails ... their ad is at the bottom of the main page.

Anyone have a particular brand name of one that works well and wont corrode/rust in salt water. . . . I want one that wont rust.
addendum

The typical gooseneck bolt is most likely 18-8 or at best 302/304 grade stainless. To be more strongly resistant to sea water the stainless grade could be upped to around 312 or 316 stainless steel, but I'm pretty sure the cost would increase accordingly.

Regardless of the level of resistant properties, in order for any metal exposed to salt water to last, a thorough rinsing down with fresh water at the end of each day's sail is still the usual practice.

. . . don't neglect to rinse your sail too. Salt crystals forming from drying sea water can have a sand-like abrasive action on sail cloth. :(

Back