Adhesive for reattaching sail numbers

scap114

I've done a search but have come up with nothing, so can anyone suggest an adhesive to reattach sail numbers to a sail?
Thanks

I have been racing sailboats since my cone was very small and have never heard of such a thing. I think you will have to spring for new numbers. BB

I guess I may have to resort to new numbers, but I am trying to spruce up a boat that is no longer in production and I am trying to preserve the boat logo. Any source for the materal (red in color) to use to cut a new logo from?

I've done a search but have come up with nothing, so can anyone suggest an adhesive to reattach sail numbers to a sail?

Any source for the materal (red in color) to use to cut a new logo from?
There's 3M 77 adhesive spray. Available at hobby and arts stores.

super77.jpg

Take the appropriate precautions working with this stuff. MSDS

The adhesive backed fabric you are looking for is called insignia cloth.
(probably not available in France)

Wayne, thanks for the two solutions. My first instinct is to go with the 3M 77, but to do it right I should get the insignia cloth and cut a new logo and numbers. The current ones are vinyl and pretty tattered. The sail, which must be the original, is from the 70's, but the boat has not been in the water in 14 years.
Thanks again

I have been racing sailboats since my cone was very small and have never heard of such a thing. I think you will have to spring for new numbers. BB

You really need to lay off the honing and flairndepping. A new sensor ring might be in order.

So how often do you visit the Flarthag? Maybe you need a Frenetomate.

Back