Adding a window

FishHead

I looked at the .org site, and I could only find a section in the FAQ which stated that I *could* add a window, and what size it could be for racing (like i'll ever race!), but did n't find anything that explained how to delicately slice and dice the sail and add the window. I desparately need one as crouching low and peeking under the boom for hours gets quite tiresome. Anyone out there done this, and could offer a "how to"?

FishHead said:
I looked at the .org site, and I could only find a section in the FAQ which stated that I *could* add a window, and what size it could be for racing (like i'll ever race!), but did n't find anything that explained how to delicately slice and dice the sail and add the window. I desparately need one as crouching low and peeking under the boom for hours gets quite tiresome. Anyone out there done this, and could offer a "how to"?

Some useful info in a previous thread:
http://www.sunfishforum.com/showthread.php?t=802

I had the local North Sails loft put one in a recreational sail to racing sail specs (location, size, etc.) for $50. What a difference knowing where you and others are!

Back