ACME Fatso Section

seawardone

Here goes a super long shot, but does anyone have 12-18 inches of an original ACME Fatso (not JR) carbon tiller extension lying around? Last year, a dock somehow ate mine and I cannot find the short section to save my life. I went ahead and bought a new one but I was hoping to repair my old one one day for a family member.

It can't hurt to ask!

Thanks in advance!

To be honest dont even waste your time trying to fix those things. The acme fatsos are nice and light but are terribly weak and brittle... I broke mine on first use and never went back... Aluminum ALL the way!!!! You know what would be easier if you went to a local ski shop and ask if they have any broken ski poles. Most of the time they will just give you one... Put a universal pin on it and go!!

To be honest dont even waste your time trying to fix those things. The acme fatsos are nice and light but are terribly weak and brittle... I broke mine on first use and never went back... Aluminum ALL the way!!!! You know what would be easier if you went to a local ski shop and ask if they have any broken ski poles. Most of the time they will just give you one... Put a universal pin on it and go!!

weak and brittle, no way. As long as they aren't mishandled they are great. Been using one since 2000 and won't go back to anything else.

Aluminum bends really easily and really caused me issues back when i used them.

You might try posting on some other class boards or other sailing sites. If worse comes to worse, it's sounds like it may be the right length now for an Opti extension so you could donate it to a young sailor or profit off their parents ;)

Back