acme carbon tiller extensions

clouser_minnow

how do i know if my carbon tiller extension requires the fatso junior UJ or the standard fatso universal joint? i wasn't told which model my tiller was when i bought it 2nd hand... it fits nicely in my hand and i'm using Gill 3 full finger race gloves size S or M i think... its a little bit longer than my laser carbon tiller so i assume its around 48"??

thanks for all the help!

I will have to do that on my acme fastso one day too (currently the joint is glued to the resin inside the extension).
How easy is it to melt the resin part that hold the joint inside? Is it that easy with a heat gun?

I will have to do that on my acme fastso one day too (currently the joint is glued to the resin inside the extension).
How easy is it to melt the resin part that hold the joint inside? Is it that easy with a heat gun?
it wasn't too bad really, you just heat it and pull like mad and it'll come undone... or u can do what the acme website says and push it out with a long metal rod or something... the person at the sail shop jus yanked it out after heating and put in a new one, without any epoxy resin and its holding really very well... as an extra measure we put on some heat shrink tubing and silicon-ed it to the joint and the tiller extension. taken it out a few times, so far so good :D oh yeah, just rotate the tiller extension as you heat it... you dont want one part of the extension getting hot and the other being cold.

Back