acme black diamond

Teeftie

I just got a new ACME black diamond tiller and it seems very different to black diamond my coach has, the one he has seems to be made a lot different and looks a little more high quality. also it was a sticker that says "black diamond" where mine does not. Mine also fits soo loosly in teh rudder head that i had to wrap it in electrical tape to get a snug fit, i heard the old ones had the oposite problem, where they were too big. does anyone know anything about this or has anyone noticed the same thing?

yah i have the older style black diamond, however it fits perfectly into my rudder head. the only thing wrong with it is the plate is warping
but whatever its a solid tiller

I've gotten a couple of BD's, the last one I got this summer - no stickers, but the fit is fine in the rudder head, it looks exactly like the one I got 3 years ago.

If the sidewalls of your rudder head are flexed out slightly, you can stick it in a vise and put it back in shape. This should give it a nice tight fit. Up/down fit is controlled by the wedge shape of the head and tiller, the further back you push the tiller, the less play there is.

Back